by Chris Widener
1. The West Point Way of Leadership by Larry Donnithorne. See at Amazon.com
GREAT book by a man who taught leadership at West Point for 20 years.
2. Developing the Leader Within You by John C. Maxwell.
All around book. Follow-up book is Developing the Leaders Around You.
3. Lincoln On Leadership by Donald Phillips
Looks at the Life of Honest Abe and the lessons of leadership he exhibited.
4. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
A classic on everybody’s list
5. Servant Leadership by Robert Greenleaf
Reminds us we serve those who follow.
6. Leadership Jazz by Max De Pree
Lots about shaping the values of an organization.
7. Oh The Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss
(Okay, it is a Dr. Seuss Book, but I kid you not, this could be subtitled Leadership Lessons for Kids… And Big Kids Too. I read it to my kids often and am reminded of what it takes to have a successful journey.)
Chris Widener is a popular speaker and author who has shared the podium with US Presidents, helping individuals and organizations succeed in every area of their lives and achieve their dreams. Join subscribers in over 100 countries for a weekly leadership & success eZine by clicking here. Enjoy discounts and special offers on motivational programs from Chris Widener, Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy & others by visiting www.MadeForSuccess.net.