by Chris Widener
Take this quiz:
* Name the three wealthiest people in the world.
* Name the last ten Heisman trophy winners.
* Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
* Name five people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
* How about the last five Academy Award winners for best picture.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies, awards tarnish, achievements are forgotten, accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
* Think of three people you enjoy spending time with.
* Name ten people who have taught you something worthwhile.
* Name five friends who have helped you in a difficult time.
* List five teachers who have aided your journey through school.
* Name five people whose stories have inspired you.
Easier? The lesson?
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the credentials, but the ones that care.
Chris Widener is a popular speaker and author who has shared the podium with US Presidents, helping individuals and organizations succeed in every area of their lives and achieve their dreams. Join subscribers in over 100 countries for a weekly leadership & success eZine by clicking here. Enjoy discounts and special offers on motivational programs from Chris Widener, Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy & others by visiting www.MadeForSuccess.net.